Louis Tommasino, CPA and Associates — the 35th largest firm in San Diego — is looking for a senior bookkeeper who wants to be part of a highly collaborative, creative, fun, and fast-paced environment near La Jolla’s UTC area. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual who is organized and has great communication skills. Salary range is $55,000 to $60,000 to start based on experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collect all required information from the clients assigned to your caseload.
- Supervise/enter check stubs and bank transactions into the accounting software.
- For business management clients, enter all approved invoices and payon a weekly basis; enter and make all deposits; and on a weekly basis, print cash disbursement report and send to owner or manager for review.
- Supervise the reconciliation process of the bank accounts for each client.
- Print a trial balance and ensure the balances listed on it for the entire asset and liability accounts are correct when compared to the prior period.
- Prepare financial statements and reports by the deadlines described in the client engagement letter on a monthly basis.
- Prepare any monthly tax returns required such as sales tax returns, payroll tax returns and personal property tax returns.
- Process paychecks according to pay date and client information, as required for payroll clients.
- Compile monthly financial statements into the firm’s format.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or senior partner.
What we’re looking for:
Someone with 3+ years of accounting experience and/or an associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting with the following attributes:
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online, financial statement presentation, Word and Excel
- Ability to assist tax preparers in compilation of work papers to complete tax return cycle
- QuickBooks Advisor designation — a plus
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels and various disciplines within the organization
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Advanced understanding of job costing and project accounting
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to prepare accurate billings on a timely basis, reconcile job costs to monthly billings, and identify and communicate unbilled/late billed costs
- Ability to prepare other financial reporting as needed on project-specific level
- Ability to organize client projects and prioritize team deadlines
Candidates will require a background check of credentials and hiring tests.
What’s in it for you:
- Benefits package
- Productivity and bonuses based on efficiencies and cost-cutting
- Ability to grow with a unique and dynamic company
If you’re a proactive person with a strong customer service focus, take pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail, work effectively in a team atmosphere, and want to be part of a stable and growing organization, please submit your resume to Brian Earley at Louis Tommasino CPA and Associates.